|Indicative process stages in pursuing claim||Weeks||Cumulative weeks|
|1||Initial Assessment: Claim presented by lawyerii for preliminary assessment and indicative pricing quote.||1||1|
|2||Full due diligence: AxiaFunder requests exclusivity for up to 2 weeks and performs full due diligenceiii of the case.||1-2||2-3|
|3||Funding agreement execution: The SPViv and claimant agree terms, execute the funding agreement, and execute a priority agreement with the claimant’s lawyers and ATE provider. AxiaFunder then has exclusivity for typically 3-4 weeks to source the funds.||1||3-4|
|4||Preparation for fundraising: Financing arranged via issuance of investments from the SPV with a confidential offer document prepared by AxiaFunder.||1||4-5|
- Launch of fundraising: An anonymised short summary of the investment opportunity is shown publicly on the AxiaFunder platform.
- Private investors selected: Investors interested in the case, provide identity documentsv; pass a detailed questionnaire demonstrating an understanding of the risks involvedvi; are vetted by AxiaFunder; sign an NDAvii; and must self-certify no conflict with the caseviii.
- Closing the fund raising: Under NDA, approved investors are given access to the offer document and indicate how much they would like to invest. Once the fund-raising is complete, the net funds are transferred to the case SPV, available for transfer to solicitor’s client account as needed.
- AxiaFunder’s litigation team monitors the case on an ongoing basis and processes additional drawdown requests in line with the litigation agreement.
- Once the case is resolved, the SPV receives its success fee (in line with the priority agreement), distributes the net amount after expenses to its investors, and is wound down.